1.1 Lumina BPO Pty Limited (Lumina, or we, us or our) recognises the importance of your privacy.
1.2 Lumina abides by the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as well as other applicable laws and codes. Our policy for the collection and handling of personal information is set out in this document.
- to corporate information (unless it is also about any identifiable person);
take no responsibility for the practices of any linked websites in the handling of your personal information; or
- categories of personal information that are not covered by the Privacy Act.
2 . Collection of Information and Personal Information
2.1 From time to time Lumina may collect and hold personal information from clients, customers, employees, contractors and other persons. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, age, gender, and information regarding products and services you inquire about or purchase from us (Information). Some of the Information that we collect may be Personal Information as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Personal Information).
2.2 We may collect Information when you give it to us directly, you use our products and services, or visit our Site.
2.3 We will only collect Personal Information by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
2.4 We may collect Information on our Site:
- by “cookies” when you visit our website. A “cookie” is a small amount of information which is transferred to the hard drive of your computer which can identify your web browser but not you. Cookies are used as a standard mechanism by many websites. If you want to, you can disable your web browser from accepting cookies. If you do, you can still access our Site, but not all services may be available; and
- when you knowingly give us Information, for example, when requesting information regarding our products or services or when applying for employment with us, via our Site including by email.
2.5 We collect Information on our Site in order to:
- respond to questions, queries, requests for information and applications, such as job applications;
- manage and record our relationship with you;
- develop a data profile to enable us to tailor services to you and enhance the content of our Site; and
- send you information about products and services we offer.
By giving us Information, you consent to these uses, although in the case of receiving marketing material you always have the opportunity to opt-out by notifying us that you no longer wish to receive such material.
3. Use of Personal Information
3.1 We collect, hold and use Personal Information for the following main purposes:
- to operate our business;
- to communicate with individuals, clients and other contacts;
- for general management and reporting; and
- for recruitment and employment.
We may be unable to attend to the above matters if you elect not to provide us with Personal Information.
3.2 We may collect, hold and use the Information, including Personal Information, about you:
- for our own internal and marketing purposes, and those of our related companies, for example to provide our products and services;
- to send you information about us including about our products and services. In the case of direct marketing information, please tell us if you do not wish us to send you such information when we collect the Personal Information from you. If and when we do send you direct marketing information we will give you the opportunity to choose not to receive any further direct marketing information from us;
- as you give us express or implied consent to do so;
- for purposes related to the reason you gave us the Information, but only if you would reasonably expect us to use it for those purposes; or
- as otherwise permitted or required by law, including in statutorily required law enforcement, public health or public safety circumstances.
4. Disclosure of Information
4.1 We will not disclose any Personal Information about you, except:
- to our related companies or governmental bodies, to the extent required to facilitate the services we provide to you;
- in circumstances where you have given us your consent to do so; or
- in statutorily required law enforcement, public health or public safety circumstances.
4.2 We will not sell, rent, let or trade the Information, including Personal Information, to or with any third party.
5. Transfer of Information outside Australia
5.1 We will not transfer Information, including Personal Information about you outside Australia unless:
- you consent to the transfer; or
- we reasonably believe that the overseas recipient will treat the information consistently with Australian privacy laws or is subject to a law, scheme or contract substantially similar to the Australian privacy laws, and there are mechanisms that you can access to take action to enforce that protection of the law or binding scheme.
5.2 In circumstances where Information, including Personal Information is transferred outside Australia in accordance with 5.1, our obligation to protect the confidentiality of such Information remains intact. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach Australian privacy laws in relation to the information.
6. Security, access and correction of Information
6.1 We will take reasonable steps to ensure that all Information we collect or use:
- is accurate, complete and up to date;
- is stored in a secure environment; and
- is accessed only by authorised personnel for permitted purposes.
6.2 We have implemented procedures to safeguard the security and confidentiality of the Information, whether electronically or in hard copy.
6.3 Please contact our Privacy Officer, via the contact details below, if you:
- wish to access or modify Personal Information which we hold about you;
- wish to request the removal of Personal Information about
you from our records;
- believe Personal Information about you as an individual is inaccurate or outdated or is misleading because it is incomplete
and you wish to change it; or
- have any questions regarding or are unhappy with any aspect of our privacy practices or our collection or use of Information. In the event that you are not satisfied with our handling of your matter you may lodge a complaint to the Australian Information Commissioner.
6.4 Our Privacy Officer can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2014 Lumina IP Pty Ltd as trustee for the Lumina IP Unit Trust. All rights reserved.