Working with Lumina offers the following benefits:
- SimplicityAn ability for management to focus personnel and capital resources on the core operations of the business.
- Accurate reportingAccurate, transparent and insightful management and statutory reports on a timely basis.
- Document managementConsistent and orderly maintenance of the entity’s physical and electronic records in a safe and secure environment.
- Controls and governanceImproved controls, corporate governance and data security, because of our internal structures (separation of duties), standardized internal procedures and information technology systems.
- Knowledge and experienceA team that is up to speed with changes in Australia’s highly dynamic statutory environment.
- Cost benefitsOur leveraged solution and the capital infrastructure we provide deliver great value, while the quality of our reporting and document management generally results in reduced audit fees.
Business & Corporate Advisory
We offer full business and corporate advisory services, covering business life cycle – from start up to sale, public listing or management buy-out.
- Assistance to establish a business in Australia covering incorporation, regulatory compliance, finance, market entry strategy and business planning.
- Advice on business growth strategy and cost alignment in keeping with overall plan objectives.
- Management assistance with pricing, budgeting and modeling, financial reporting and the provision of objective advice and insight into the strategic and operational running of the business.
- Assistance with mergers, acquisitions and takeovers, covering transaction strategy, negotiation, pricing/valuation, modeling, deal management, due diligence, ongoing advice and implementation.
- Assistance with capital management covering funding submissions, Initial Public Offering (IPO), capital raisings, management buy-outs and off and on-market share buy backs.
General Accounting & Management Reporting
We act as the CFO for your business, preparing monthly management reports that cover balance sheet, profit and loss, cash flow and any specific requirements you or your parent entity has.
- Coordinating the information flow to prepare financial information required to meet the company’s statutory obligations, parent entity and board reporting requirements.
- Monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet balances and key profit and loss data.
- Reconciliation of inter-company balances including foreign exchange balances.
- Preparation of the monthly financial statements, including balance sheet, profit and loss, cash flows and other information as required by a parent entity.
- Meeting parent entity reporting deadlines and reporting in a format that is conducive to simplifying the consolidation of the monthly data.
- Preparation of consolidated reports and any liaison with subsidiaries required for this.
We look after the preparation of company statutory financial statements and necessary documentation for lodgement with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission. We also manage the audit process to ensure a cost effective solution.
- Preparation of the company’s annual financial statements in accordance with local accounting standards and other mandatory statutory requirements, to be submitted for audit.
- Preparing and filing necessary documentation with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission.
- Preparation of management reporting pack, including bank. reconciliations, creditor reconciliations, debtor reconciliations, payroll activity summaries and a detailed general ledger, within specified deadlines.
- Preparation of the company’s audit file and liaison with the auditor to co-ordinate the audit.
We can oversee all aspects of tax compliance and advice, delivering practical solutions to manage tax risks and navigate the complexities of your tax obligations.
- Preparation and lodgement of the company’s annual income tax return.
- Preparation and lodgement of the company’s annual Fringe Benefits Tax return.
- Attending to the necessary Goods and Services Tax requirements with the Australian Taxation Office including monthly/quarterly lodgement of Activity Statements and related documents.
- Advice on structuring major transactions, mergers and acquisitions, due diligence and complex tax consolidations.
- Structuring of remuneration packages, employee share schemes and expatriate tax compliance.
- Advice in relation to international tax issues including cross-border structuring, repatriation strategies, tax residence, thin capitalisation, withholding taxes, impact of tax treaties and offshore banking units.
- Assistance and advice on the development of appropriate transfer pricing policies and documentation.
- Tax accounting including calculation of tax provision, deferred tax balances and related disclosures in accordance with accounting standards under IFRS.
- Manage dealings with the Australian Taxation Office, including private binding ruling applications, audits, reviews and dispute resolution.
- Tax compliance and consulting services to owners, stakeholders, large family groups and high net worth individuals.
Treasury & Finance
We are able to manage your cash and treasury functions and offer advice regarding liquidity, financing, foreign exchange and capital requirements.
- Assistance in relation to managing the company’s cash flow and capital requirements.
- Assistance with the management of the company’s minimum surplus liquid funds.
- Managing interest rates and foreign exchange rates as applicable and in accordance with organisational policy.
- Liaison with the company’s banks and credit agencies.
- Assistance with banking requirements, which includes coordinating the opening of a bank account, knowledge of required documents, maintaining relationships with relevant bank personnel.
Transaction & Document Management
We look after all bookkeeping activities including payments, invoicing, collections, and transparent recording and filing of transactions.
- Attending to the payment of the company’s creditors, including a review of authorisations and transactions.
- Preparation and distribution of company invoices.
- Banking and processing of debtor and other receipts, as required.
- Reconciliation of the bank, debtors, creditors and payroll clearing account.
- Correspondence with the parent entity, regarding various bookkeeping issues, including inter-company and parent loan account reconciliations and monthly reconciliation of foreign exchange differences.
- Maintaining files in a consistent, orderly and transparent manner.
- Maintaining secure document storage/ data recovery systems.
Talk to us about effective tax structuring of employee salary packages, delivery of payroll and meeting your compliance obligations.
- File declarations for each new employee with the Australian Taxation Office.
- Monthly remittance of employees’ payroll tax including lodgement of the annual reconciliation.
- Attending to the payment of employees’ payroll via electronic transfer.
- Remittance of the monthly tax withheld from wages to the Australian Taxation Office.
- Arranging annual workers’ compensation insurance for employees on the Australian payroll, including lodgement of the annual reconciliation.
- Monthly remittance of employees’ superannuation entitlements.
- Ensuring the company complies with the Choice of Superannuation legislation and that each eligible employee is provided with a Superannuation Choice Form.
- Monthly update of employees’ leave entitlements, including sick, annual and long service leave.
- Preparation and distribution of employees’ pay advices.
- Assistance with effective salary packaging and advice with regards to structuring of salary packages.
- Preparation of employees’ annual PAYG payment summaries.
- Preparation and lodgement of the annual PAYG payment summary reconciliation with the Australian Taxation Office.
Corporate governance & company secretarial
We offer you corporate governance and company secretarial services, including meeting all statutory notification and compliance requirements.
- Improving internal controls by utilising internal resources to standardise forms, approval procedures, checklists and so on as and when required.
- Ensuring all material matters, financial and non-financial, are reported in a timely manner to relevant personnel within the (global) enterprise.
- Enhancing board and management control by providing a timely and informative reporting package.
- Acting as the company secretary.
- Act as the company registered office.
- Preparation of minutes of board and shareholders meetings and resolutions.
- Prepare and filing of documents with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission.
- Assisting with monitoring the Australian Financial Services licence requirements including the financial resources statement and cash flow projections, as and when statements fall due.